- Apala Majumdar hosting a visiting student from UNAM, Denisse Arango, for two months at Bath under the VPS scheme, following the successful BUC in May 2017.
- Apala Majumdar has been awarded a LMS grant to visit UNAM again in August this year, and present at a conference in Cancun (International Materials Research Conference).
- Juan Carlos Pardo awarded University of Bath David Parkin visiting Professorship for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Joint article preprint "Backbone decomposition of multitype superprocesses" (Dorottya Fekete, Sandra Palau, Juan Carlos Pardo, José Luis Pérez), an output from BUC3.
- Joint article preprint "Speed of coming down from infinity of the nested Kingman coalescent" (Airam Blancas, Tim Rogers, Jason Schweinsburg, Arno Siri-Jegousse), an output from BUC3: To appear in Annals of Applied Probability.
- Joint article preprint "Stable processes in a cone" (Andreas Kyprianou, Victor Rivero, Weerapat Satitkanitkul)
Joint article "Functional model for extensions of symmetric operators and applications to scattering theory" (Kirill Cherednichenko, Luis Silva and Alexander Kiselev) to appear in Networks and Heterogeneous Media (AIMS), an output from BUC-VI
- Joint article submitted "Scattering theory for non-selfadjoint extensions of symmetric operators" (Kirill Cherednichenko, Luis Silva and Alexander Kiselev) to the special volume of Operator Theory: Advanced and Applications, dedicated to the memory of Boris Pavlov, an output from BUC-XI
- Isaac Gonzalez Garcia joins Prob-L@B with a joint funding CONACyT-Bath PhD scholarship.
- Joint article submitted "Functional model for extensions of symmetric operators and applications to scattering theory" (Kirill Cherednichenko, Luis Silva and Alexander Kiselev), an output from BUC-VI
- Luis Silva and Kirill Cherednichenko awarded Newton Mobility Grant
- Many BUC members speak at 3rd Workshop on Branching Processes in Beijing
- Daniel Hernandez Hernandez visits Bath and Alex Cox visits CIMAT as part of their Newton-funded project
- Sandra Palau begins Newton International Fellowship in Bath
- Geronimo Uribe Bravo (UNAM) visits Cecile Mailler and Tim Rogers in Bath following BUC3 collaboration
- Henry Panti (UDAY) visits Andreas Kyprianou
- Joint article submitted "Deep factorisation of the stable process III: radial excursion theory and the point of closest reach" (Andreas Kyprianou, Victor Rivero, Weerapat Satitkanitkul)
- Joint article to appear "Extinction properties of multi-type continuous-state branching processes " in Stochastic Processes and their Applications (Andreas Kyprianou and Sandra Palau)
- Joint article to appear "Almost sure growth of supercritical multi-type continuous state branching process" ALEA (Andreas Kyprianou, Sandra Palau, Yanxia Ren)
- Joint article appeared "Conditioning subordinators embedded in Markov processes" in Stochastic Processes and their Applications (Andreas Kyprianou, Victor Rivero, Bati Sengul)
- Sandra Palau Calderon (CIMAT) obtains Newton International Fellowship for two years
- Alex Cox (Bath) and Daniel Hernandez Hernandez (CIMAT) Awarded Royal Society Newton Mobility Grant
- Joint article submitted "Extinction properties of multi-type continuous-state branching processes" (Andreas Kyprianou and Sandra Palau).
- Ricardo Weder from UNAM-IIMAS visiting Kirill Cherednichenko in Bath,14-29 May 2016. (Supported by University of Bath Global Mobility Scheme.)
Research teams from BUC3 and their ongoing research titles, aiming to reach a publication:
- Arno/Jason/Tim/Airam: "Properties of Nested Kingman Coalescent"
- Matt/Bati/Pite/Victor/Daniel/Rodrigo: "Exceptional times for dynamic Galton-Watson trees"
- Geronimo/Cecile/Tim/Bati: "Scaling limits of the preferential attachment tree"
- Juan Carlos/Sandra/Dorka/Jose Luis/Henry/Gerado: "Backbone decomposition for Multitype CSBP and Multitype superprocesses"
- Geronimo/Oswaldo/Mirian: "Trees with a given degree sequence"
- Andreas/Clement/Steven: "Fragmentation-Coalgulation"
- Jose-Fredo/Ekaterina/Antonio: "Catalytic branching models at the origin"
- PhD student Sandra Palau Calderon (CIMAT) receives top-up funding from CONACyT and The University of Bath to visit the Department of Mathematical Sciences for 10 months.
- Juan Carlos Pardo (CIMAT) and Andreas Kyprianou (Bath) win Advanced Newton Fellowship from the Royal Society
- Victor Rivero (CIMAT) receives joint sponsored from EPSRC, CONACyT and the University of Bath to undertake a sabbatical in Bath for 1 year.
- Joint article submitted: "Deep factorisation of the stable process II; potentials and applications" (Andreas Kyprianou, Victor Rivero, Bati Sengul).
- Joint article submitted: "Conditioned real self-similar Markov processes" (Andreas Kyprianou, Victor Rivero, Weerapat Satitkanitkul).
- Alex Cox, Andreas Kyprianou, Bati Sengul and Weerapat Satitkanitkul from Bath speak at the 12th Symposium in Probability and Stochastic Processes in Merida.
- PhD student Juan Francisco (Paco) Leyva (UNAM) visits Hartmut Schwetlick 30th May - 30th June 2015.
- Research visit of Luis Silva from UNAM-IIMAS to Kirill Cherednichenko in Bath 8-20 March 2015. (Supported by University of Bath Global Mobility Scheme.)
- Joint article submitted: "The semi-infinte asymmetric exclusion process: large deviations via matrix products" (Horacio González Duhart, Peter Mörters and Johannes Zimmer).
- Joint article submitted: "Day-to-day population movement and the management of dengue epidemics" (Jorge Falcón-Lezama, Jose Ramos-Castañeda, Ruth Martínez-Vega, Pablo Kuri-Morales, Ben Adams.) Funding from CONACyT, PISA Program from Juarez Autonomous University of Tabasco, UNAM and the Visiting Postgraduate Scholar Programme from University of Bath.